Today’s updates encompass three versions of World of Warcraft, including a removal of an arena in the retail edition, fixes for flight-path disconnects and deaths in Classic Hardcore, and various tweaks for the Dungeon Finder in Wrath Classic!
October 25 (Source)
- Blade’s Edge Arena has been temporarily taken out of the Arena rotation due to a terrain issue that needs to be addressed.
WoW Classic Era and Hardcore
(With realm restarts) Additional measures have been implemented to prevent deaths caused by flight-path disconnects. Now, when you take a taxi, a protective aura is applied to you, preventing all damage, resetting your hearthstone cooldown, and allowing your hearthstone spell to be cast instantly.
- Developers’ notes: We have implemented alerts to assist us in monitoring and investigating this issue.
Wrath of the Lich King Classic
The logic controlling the levels at which player-characters can queue for dungeons in the Random Dungeon Finder has been adjusted to align more closely with the displayed range. Now, all classic dungeons should allow a range of approximately 8 levels: from 3 levels below the level of the final boss to 5 levels above. Burning Crusade dungeons should now allow a range of 3 levels below the end boss to 3 or 4 levels above it, and Wrath dungeons allow a range that starts at 3 levels below the end boss.
- Developers’ notes: The most noticeable change is that the minimum level requirement for some dungeons has slightly increased. This is intended to address situations where a player’s level was significantly lower than the rest of the group.
- A bug that could prevent Masked Orphan Matrons from initiating the Headless Horseman’s fire events in various towns has been fixed.
- An issue that sometimes caused Talon King Ikiss in Sethekk Halls to not grant completion credit for the dungeon in the Random Dungeon Finder has been resolved.
- A bug that was preventing the tier 10 Sanctified Scourgelord 4-piece damage bonus for Death Knights from functioning correctly has been fixed.
The “Sinister Calling” step has been removed from the “Hallowed Be Thy Name” achievement.
- Developers’ notes: We have been working on a permanent solution for the underlying issue, but we wanted to address the immediate concern for players with Hallow’s End already in progress.